Hello and welcome to our site and to the OZIKO online store. We have a high esteem for you, dear customers and users. For this reason, we respect your right to privacy and we take steps to store and use your personal information responsibly.
- Refuse to provide us with certain information that you do not wish to share;
- Access the information we have already collected; AND,
- Modify or ask that we delete them or some of them;
OZIKO will collect, use or disclose your personal information in accordance with this Policy.
This Policy applies to OZIKO, as well as its branches, affiliates, divisions, successors, and their employees, officers, agents and other representatives.
You are responsible for complying with and abiding by the laws of each jurisdiction from which you access our site, our online store or the material made available to you. It is your responsibility to ensure that the accesses you use, or those through which you access, comply with such laws.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DOES OZIKO COLLECT ?
OZIKO collects the information you provide to us when :
- Either you open an account on our site, in our online store, you subscribe or you become a member, or you choose a password;
- You subscribe to our mailing list(s), you wish to receive our newsletters or similar, or you participate to a survey;
- You participate in a contest and fill out the form or entry form;
- You send us your coordinates and information;
- You submit your application, your resume to apply for a job;
- Whenever possible or allowed, you publish, broadcast texts, images or other audiovisual or audio content through or by using our site, our online store or any other OZIKO’ site and social media (Facebook, YouTube, Twiter, Instagram, or others we may use);
- You correspond with us by post, by e-mail, or by text message, or you contact us by telephone;
We use this information, and we may disclose or communicate it, most notably for the purposes described herein.
Therefore, you may provide us with personal information about yourself, whether as described above, or your name, date of birth, E-mail or residential addresses, telephone numbers, measurements, comments, suggestions or ideas.
However, as mentioned in our Policy "General Terms and Conditions of Use" also available on our site, OZIKO does not manage or handle monetary, payment, or other transactions. If and when you reach this stage (monetary transaction), whether it be after making a purchase in our online store, or on other occasions, as the case may be, you will be redirected to the sites or platforms provided for these purposes (PayPal or others). As these monetary transactions and payments are not our responsibility, and not being involved in said transactions, OZIKO does not access, collect or consult your banking information or details (bank account numbers, credit card numbers or other similar banking or financial information). We strongly recommend that you review their policies before making any transactions.
In addition to the information you provide us, when you visit the OZIKO site or online store, we automatically obtain and compile the following information:
- Your IP (Internet Protocol) address, and information about the registration of the domain name associated with it;
- The identification of the browser you are using;
- The operating system and what platform you use;
- The date and time of your visit on our site, or our store;
- The contact information (URL address) of the website or web page you went to prior to your visit;
- The keywords or search questions you used in a search engine to get to our site or store;
- Other details about the browsing path you took;
- In some cases, depending on your browser configuration, and, for example, if you have not set up a blocker, your name, home and office address and telephone numbers;
This information, along with a list of your interests, may be kept in our files.
When you visit to our site or our online store, we also record and store information about any action you take during each visit, the page(s) you visited, the time you spent on each of them, the information you sent or received, which files you downloaded or, as the case may be, uploaded. This is called "tracking" information.
We may compile this tracking information and make it available to third parties. The primary purpose for making this information available to third parties is to develop statistics and establish your various demographic and/or geographic characteristics.
IMPORTANT NOTE : OZIKO makes every effort to protect the privacy of children and minors. Our site and online store are not intended for minors. OZIKO does not collect or retain any information or other information about an individual, if we know that the individual is not of legal adult age, unless we have obtained clear written consent from a parent, adult guardian or other legal representative, and that said written consent can be verified. If you are the parent, guardian or other legal representative of a minor child and you become aware that your child or another minor person in your care has provided us with information that allows us to identify him or her, please contact us at [email protected] to either review the information so provided, or to request that we delete it.
HOW DOES OZIKO USE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED ?
Whether it is to serve you better, to inform you of our products, services, various promotions, specials that we offer, for contests, surveys, or to send you news on our activities, OZIKO may use the information or data that you provide to us online, by telephone or by written correspondence (by mail or e-mail), we may use your personal information to communicate with you, by telephone, in person or by automated means, by mail or E-mail, or by other means for the above purposes.
We also use the information and data you provide to us in order to :
- Verify and process your orders and purchases, track them and answer your questions about them;
- Deliver your purchases or orders, or provide you with information on the status of an order, possible delays or other problems, the availability of our products, or the state of our inventory;
- Keep in touch with you, whether to help us meet your needs, to develop customer profiles, or categories that meet your needs or have comparable needs;
- To contact you directly in connection with the purposes described above (special offers, contests, promotions, etc.);
- To process and compile information for loyalty, bonus or other similar programs that we may implement;
- To update our information, to ensure the proper management of our business, to facilitate your browsing or your experience on our site and in our online store, or to improve our services in general;
- Comply with various laws and regulations that may be applicable;
You agree that OZIKO may reproduce or otherwise use, in whole or in part, the personal information that you provide, as well as any text, images, video, audio, or audiovisual content that you have provided or transmitted, either by e-mail, by using our site or our online store, or in our social media, in order to promote OZIKO, its branches, divisions, and their products and services. You may revoke your consent at any time in the manner set out in this Policy.
Save and except when specifically stated otherwise in this Policy, the personal information we may disclose or communicate to third parties will be sent “in bulk”, in order to avoid personal identification.
TO WHOM CAN OZIKO DISCLOSE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION ?
OZIKO will not disclose or communicate your personal information to third parties other than its branches, divisions, successors, employees, officers and representatives, save and except :
- When required by law, by-law, regulation or court order, or to respond to requests from Government authorities who are responsible for the application of the law and who have a legitimate right to obtain them, or, when necessary, to our legal advisors or others, for the exercise or protection of the rights, property or interests of OZIKO, its branches, divisions, successors, managing employees or representatives;
- In the event that OZIKO proceeds or wishes to proceed with the sale of its business, in whole or in part, and such communication or disclosure is made to a purchaser or potential purchaser, to enable OZIKO to use or disclose them for the purpose of evaluating or executing a business transaction or operating and ensuring proper management resulting from its acquisition of our business, or for other purposes covered by this Policy;
- For the transmission, communication or disclosure of your personal information to a third party subcontractor or service provider (such as, for example, to companies to whom OZIKO entrusts data processing, technical support, data hosting, financial institutions with whom we do business or wish to do business), to use or process it on our behalf;
In the cases described in the last paragraph above, OZIKO will only communicate and disclose such information and data as is necessary to provide or perform their services, we will ensure that the necessary security mechanisms are put in place according to the sensitivity of the information to be provided, and we will enter into agreements with such third parties, suppliers or sub-contractors, to prohibit them from communicating or using your personal information and data other than in connection with and for the sole purpose of providing their services.
You acknowledge that in the event that the suppliers, subcontractors or third parties described above are located in the United States or, in some cases, elsewhere outside of Canada, your personal information may be communicated, processed and stored in the United States or, as the case may be, in other countries, and that the Governments of those countries, and the Courts or other law enforcement authorities in those other countries may have access to it under their laws.
CAN I REFUSE THE COMMUNICATION OR DISCLOSURE OY MY PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES ?
YES. You can request that we do not disclose or communicate your personal information to third parties for promotional use. See section below in this regard.
With respect to aggregated and "de-identified" or “de-personalized” data or information, you will not be able to exercise that right or choice to refuse. Please note, however, that this "de-personalized" information or data only allows for statistical analysis in connection with the use of our site or online store, and does not include any information that could identify you.
DOES OZIKO USE "COOKIES" OR OTHER SIMILAR FEATURES? IF SO, HOW ?
These are small files that are transmitted by an Internet site or Web page to the random access memory or hard drive of your device or computer. These cookies save your preferences and can make your future visits more efficient. They may also record other information, such as a user identification number, the number of times you have visited a page or the site, which pages you have visited, your login and registration information and, sometimes, your purchase history. Cookies allow us to recognize if you are a registered user, customer, or member and thus recognize you when you enter our site or our online store. When you are a registered user or member, they also allow us to obtain information and track your use of our Site or Online Store. If you are not registered or not a member, cookies allow to know or obtain non-identifiable information or data about your use.
However, cookies cannot transmit personal information. Therefore, they cannot be used to reveal or establish your identity.
Cookies may be stored either for a limited time, usually for the duration of your visit to the site or our online store, or for a longer period, and on those occasions, the information collected by the cookies is stored on your hard drive and is recalled the next time you visit our site or online store.
The information we obtain with the help of cookies may be shared with third parties so that we can be informed of activities on our site or online store, the number of visitors we have received, and for other similar analysis. This information is essentially statistical in nature and is not linked to personal information and data. It therefore does not allow you to be identified.
You can place certain restrictions, control or block cookies with your device or computer. Simply use the settings and help topics contained within them or that are available in your system.
You should be aware that if you choose to block cookies, certain features of our Site or Online Store will or may not be available to you. Among other things, you will not be recognized as having previously visited or used our Site or Online Store, or as a registered user or member.
The ad-posting technology uses non-personal information about visitors and users of our site or online store, as well as the sites on which we post ads or advertise, to deliver information to these individuals. A cookie may be placed on your browser, or your browser may recognize such a cookie. By using the cookie and "web beacons," our ad server, or the company handling our marketing may recognize a browser's cookie when it is used to visit us and help determine which banners or ads are attracting visitors to our Site or Online Store.
As with cookies, you can place certain restrictions or control "web beacons" with your device or computer. Again, just use the settings and help topics contained in those cookies.
BEWARE OF AND WATCH FOR PHISHING OR OTHER FALSE OR FRAUDULENT E-MAILS
You should pay special attention and beware of e-mails that appear to come from OZIKO but are in fact false, forged, spam, fraudulent or "phishing". WE DO NOT REQUEST SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION OR OTHER CONDIFENTIAL DETAILS BY E-MAIL.
WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS OR CHOICES REGARDING THE COLLECTION, THE COMMUNICATION AND USE OF MY PERSONAL INFORMATION OR FOR THEIR MODIFICATION OR DELETION ?
Of course, we wish to obtain your consent to the collection, the use and disclosure or communication of your information and proceed to such use in accordance with this Policy.
As you may have noticed in the information contained in the preceding pages, your consent allows us to communicate with you, to inform you, to offer you our products and services, to know your tastes and to notify you of our various offers.
On the other hand, we are concerned about respecting your rights and your choices.
Firstly, you can choose to simply refuse to provide us with any personal information. In this case, we will not be able to serve you, you will obviously not receive our promotions, you will not be able to participate in our contests or promotions, and you will not be able to purchase our products or items available on our site and in our online store.
You can also choose to :
- Provide only information requested in the sections marked "required" or “mandatory”, when you purchase our products or items, or when you register, subscribe, become a member (subject in these cases to the “required” or "mandatory" sections or mentions), or when you participate in our contests and fill out related forms for those contests;
- Limit how we may use your personal information and, for example, not allow us to disclose it to third parties, by sending us an email to [email protected];
- If you have already consented to the collection, use or disclosure of your information and personal information, you may subsequently decide to withdraw or revoke your consent, subject however to your compliance with any legal or contractual obligations you may have towards OZIKO. In such cases, you must also allow us a reasonable time to proceed and you must follow the instructions that will be provided to you in this regard by one of our representatives. Also in these cases, due to processing delays, you may still receive communications, newsletters, advertising or other mailings from us for a period of a few weeks (it usually takes approximately 2 weeks);
- You are entitled to access, ask for correction or deletion of any personal information that OZIKO holds about you. In such cases, you must follow the instructions provided to you on this subject by one of our employees or representatives. In these cases as well, you should allow us a reasonable amount of time to proceed, and, due to the processing time and depending on the type of request you make, you may still receive communications, newsletters, advertising or other mailings from us for a period of a few weeks (it usually takes approximately 2 weeks);
- You may also contact us if you have any questions or complaints about this Policy or about OZIKO's privacy practices;
In all of the above cases, regardless of your choice or request, you must send any such request in writing, by E-mail, to [email protected].
Your submission must include and clearly indicate :
- Your full name and address, telephone number, E-mail address;
- The details of your request (nature, subject, description of what you are requesting);
- If you request to have all your information and details removed from our database, you must include the following statement in the title or subject line of your submission: "DELETE REGISTERED USER";
DOES OZIKO KEEP MY PERSONAL INFORMATION INDEFINITELY ? FOR HOW LONG ?
As a general rule, OZIKO retains personal information for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purposes described in this Policy, or for the longest period of time required by applicable law in these matters. We want to ensure that we comply with the law.
HOW DOES OZIKO PROTECT MY PERSONAL INFORMATION ?
We are committed to protecting the information and privacy of all our customers, users, members and others who entrust it to us. To achieve this goal, we have taken measures and used means to protect personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized access, modification, disclosure or copying, that are appropriate to the sensitivity of the information and the purposes for which it is to be used. Employees, officers, agents, or other representatives of OZIKO, as well as its subcontractors, suppliers or other persons or companies who have or may have access to such information as and when authorized by OZIKO, and in compliance with this Policy, are also required to comply with this Policy and take appropriate measures that are necessary.
However, OZIKO is not and cannot be held liable in the event of theft, misuse, unauthorized use, unauthorized disclosure, communication or reproduction, destruction, loss, unauthorized alteration, fraud or any other situation beyond the voluntary control of OZIKO or the persons or companies described above, or which does not result from OZIKO’s gross negligence, or that of these same persons or entities.
Notes on PLUGICIALS
OZIKO has installed or will soon install some plug-ins that mainly apply to social networks. Among others, you will be able to see the "Like" button on Facebook, and other similar buttons on other sites, when applicable. When you press or click on a link from a plug-in, a link to our site or our online store may appear in your profiles or pages on the social networks to which you subscribe. In some cases, if other people or "friends" share your interests or are allowed on your social networking pages or networks, they may also be able to access our Site or Online Store.
We may also communicate with you, your contacts or "friends" who have chosen to subscribe to our social networking pages or sites. By using our PLUGICIAL or plug-ins links, you consent to receive communications from OZIKO, for the same purposes described on the previous pages of this Policy, and you authorize us to use and communicate information about your tastes and interests described on your Facebook page or other social networks, for the promotion and commercial activities of OZIKO, and you acknowledge and understand that information or about your interests and tastes may be shared with your contacts or "friends", and other users of Facebook or other social networking websites or pages.
You can obtain more information about the social application plug-ins and the impact on your personal information by visiting the "Help", "social modules" or other sections on the subject for the social media concerned. Since these social media do not belong to OZIKO, OZIKO cannot be responsible for providing you with detailed opinions or extensive information on this subject.
Changes or other modification to our Policy
OZIKO reserves the right to change or otherwise modify this Policy from time to time, in whole or in part. In the event of any such change or modification, such will appear on our site or our online store. Any such change or modification(s) will be effective and you will be bound and subject thereto, unless you notify us in writing that you wish to withdraw or revoke your consent, in the manner provided above, and by sending us a written notice to [email protected]. You are responsible for regularly reviewing this Policy and any changes that may have been made.
DESPITE ALL MEASURES AND BEST EFFORTS THAT WE MAY TAKE OR DEVOTE TO THE PROTECTION, SECURITY OR PRIVACY OF YOUR INFORMATION OR PERSONAL INFORMATION, OZIKO CANNOT ENSURE OR WARRANT THESE MATTERS. YOU THEREFORE COMMUNICATE AND PROVIDE US WITH SUCH INFORMATION AND PERSONAL INFORMATION AT YOUR OWN RISK.
ALSO, PLEASE BE ADISED THAT OUR SITE OR ONLINE STORE MAY CONTAIN LINKS OR "HYPERLINKS" TO OTHER SITES OR PAGES THAT ARE NOT OPERATED OR OWNED BY OZIKO. THIS POLICY DOES NOT APPLY TO ANY THIRD PARTY PAGES OR SITES.
OZIKO IS NOT AND SHALL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PRACTICES OF THIRD PARTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY PRACTICES OR POLICIES RELATING TO PERSONAL INFORMATION AND DATA, THEIR USE, DISCLOSURE, PROTECTION AND PRIVACY.
THEREFORE, WHEN YOU ARE REDIRECTED TO, ACCESS OR USE A THIRD PARTY SITE, IT IS POSSIBLE THAT BY BEING REDIRECTED, OR BY ENTERING OR USING SUCH SITES, YOU MAY AUTOMATICALLY BE SUBJECT TO THE POLICIES OR PRACTICES OF SUCH THIRD PARTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE PROTECTION, USE OR DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION OR YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OR DATA.
YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR CAREFULLY REVIEWING, FAMILIARIZING YOURSELF AND TO OBTAIN ALL ADVISE RELATING TO THE POLICIES OF SUCH THIRD PARTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE PROTECTION AND PRIVACY OF INFORMATION AND PERSONAL INFORMATION AND HEREBY RELEASE OZIKO, ITS BRANCHES, ITS DIVISIONS, SUCCESSORS, OFFICERS, SHAREHOLDERS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES AND REPRESENTATIVES, FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, AND FOR ANY INJURY, DAMAGES, WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR THOSE OF ANY OTHER NATURE, THAT YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON MAY SUFFER OR BE ENTITLED TO. AS A RESULT OF ACCESS TO, OR USE OF SUCH THIRD PARTY SITES, OR AS A RESULT OF OR ARISING FROM ANY AUTOMATIC, PURPORTED, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED ACCEPTANCE OF OR SUBMISSION TO THEIR PRACTICES OR POLICIES, OR AS A RESULT OF OR ARISING FROM ANY UNAUTHORIZED, ABUSIVE, HARMFUL OR OTHERWISE INJURIOUS USE OF YOUR INFORMATION AND PERSONAL INFORMATION OR DATA BY THEM.